Smith Tallies 12 Digs and Seven Kills
ALLENTOWN, Pa. – Host Muhlenberg got match-bests of 15 kills and 16 digs from Maggie Enestvedt on its way to topping visiting Washington College, 3-0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-15), on Saturday afternoon in a Centennial Conference volleyball match at Memorial Hall in the season finale for both squads. The Mules finish 11-14 overall and 4-6 in the Centennial, while the Shorewomen close shop at 7-19 and 1-9 respectively.
Muhlenberg 3 Washington College 0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-15)
How It Happened
- Leading 16-15 in the first set, Muhlenberg won the next seven points to take a 23-15 lead on an attack error by Washington. A hitting miscue by the Shorewomen clinched the opening set for the Mules.
- The Shorewomen took a 22-21 lead in the second following a hitting error by the Mules before the hosts rallied to capture the set by winning the final four points of the second as they won the final point on an attack miscue by WC.
- Muhlenberg used a 5-0 run early in the third set to take a 7-3 lead on a kill by Lauren Achey. Madison Forrest finished off the match with an ace.
For The Shorewomen (7-19, 1-9 CC)
- Jenny Kabrick (14 digs), Abby Smith (12 digs and seven kills), Lauren Zedlar (16 assists), Jensyn Hartzell (three aces), Jenna Daunoras (three blocks)
- The Shorewomen had five blocks in the match.
- Washington hit .086 and served up four aces.
For Muhlenberg (11-14, 4-6 CC)
- Enestvedt (15 kills and 16 digs to lead all players; three aces and two blocks), Gabrielle Neuman (37 assists), Forrest (three aces), Alycia Long (two blocks)
- The Mules hit .240 in the match.
- Muhlenberg had 10 aces as a team and totaled two blocks.
- Today marked the final match in a Washington uniform for Cassie Kowalski.