Zedlar Chalks Up Double-Double with 14 Assists and 11 Digs
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting Franklin & Marshall won the final two sets of a Centennial Conference volleyball match to come away with a 3-1 (25-9, 25-27, 25-22, 25-20) win over host Washington College on Saturday afternoon at the Cain Athletic Center. The Diplomats improved to 17-3 overall and 8-0 in the Centennial, while the Shorewomen fell to 7-16 and 1-6 respectively.
Franklin & Marshall 3 Washington College 1 (25-9, 25-27, 25-22, 25-20)
How It Happened
- The Diplomats hit .348 and served up seven aces, including three straight by Carlita Bozzo, to win by 16. A Casey Morrow kill ended the first set.
- In the second set, F&M led 25-24 following a kill by Allison Franke before Washington won three straight points to win the set. Jensyn Hartzell made it 26-25 on an ace and Jenna Daunoras ended the set on a kill.
- F&M led 24-17 following a service miscue by WC before the Shorewomen won five straight points to cut the lead to 24-22 on an ace by Isabella Sansanelli. The Diplomats won the set on a service error by WC.
- Tied 20-20 in the fourth set, Franklin & Marshall captured the last five points to win the set and match. Grace Maggiore put the Diplomats ahead for good on a kill at 21-20 and an assisted block by Maggiore and Amy Mullen ended the contest.
For The Shorewomen (7-16, 1-6 CC)
- Lauren Zedlar (14 assists and 11 digs), Abby Smith (12 digs), Hartzell (13 assists and four aces), Daunoras (three blocks), Sansanelli (four aces), Jensyn Hartzell (11 assists)
- Team hit .128 in the contest, notched five rejections and served up 13 aces.
For Franklin & Marshall (17-3, 8-0 CC)
- Maggiore (37 assists and 13 digs), Bozzo (15 digs and four aces), Grace Polisano (11 kills), Nicole Carey (12 kills), Carly Ostrowski (13 digs)
- The Diplomats hit .266 in the contest, had four blocks and nine aces.
- Sansanelli was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewoman Player of the Match.
- Zedlar had her second double-double in a row as she had 15 assists and 12 digs at Haverford on Wednesday.
10/23 v. Swarthmore – 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)