Peets Leads Team With Nine Kills; Zedlar Posts Double-Double
HAVERFORD, Pa. — Haverford got 16 kills from Dina Kosyagin and overcame dropping the opening set to post a 3-1 (25-27, 25-18, 25-17, 25-19) win over visiting Washington College in a Centennial Conference volleyball match played tonight at Gooding '84 Arena in Haverford, Pennsylvania.
Haverford 3, Washington College 1 (25-27, 25-18, 25-17, 25-19)
How It Happened
- The set was tied at 17 when Washington ran off three points in a row to take a 20-17 lead following a Haverford attack error. The Fords responded by scoring the next five points themselves to take a 22-20 lead following an attack error by the Shorewomen.
- The teams would trade points back and forth, and Haverford would take a 24-23 lead before the Shorewomen would save off the set point courtesy of a bad set and then take a 25-24 lead following a kill from Kylie Peets. Once again, Haverford would respond, saving the set point for Washington on a kill from Lindsey Keener. The Shorewomen would reclaim the lead at 26-25 following a kill from Peets, and Washington would then take the first set 27-25 following another kill from Peets.
- Washington held a 9-7 lead in the second set before Haverford went on a 12-3 run to take a 19-12 lead following a kill from Keener. The Fords would go on to win the set 25-18 and even the match at one set a piece courtesy of a ball handling error by Washington.
- The Shorewomen held a 4-3 lead in the third set following a kill from Jenna Daunoras before the Fords went on a 7-2 run to take a 10-6 lead following a service ace from Madison Adore. A kill from Daunoras brought Washington back within 12-11, but Haverford ran off the next six points in a row to take an 18-11 lead after a kill from Adore. Haverford claimed the set 25-17 following a service error.
- Haverford held a 9-8 lead in the fourth set before going on a 6-1 run to take a 15-9 lead following a block from Julia Gallagher-Teske. The Fords would go on to take the set and the match on a Washington attack error.
For the Shorewomen (7-15 Overall, 1-5 Centennial Conference)
- Peets (nine kills), Daunoras (seven kills, two blocks), Lauren Zedlar (double-double with 15 assists and 12 digs), Abby Smith (13 digs), Isabella Sansanelli (three aces to lead all players), Jenny Kabrick (team high 14 digs).
- Washington hit .059 as a team in the match, had eight service errors, and had two total blocks.
For Haverford (18-6 Overall, 4-2 Centennial Conference)
- Kosyagin (16 kills to lead all players), Kendall Otridge (10 kills), Gallagher-Teske (seven kills, eight blocks to lead all players), Sydney Miller (39 assists), Sara Matsuyama (19 digs to lead all players).
- Haverford hit .172 in the win, added nine service aces against 13 service errors, and had nine total blocks.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/19 v. Franklin & Marshall - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match).
- The match will also serve as the Shorewomen's Senior Day.