WESTMINSTER, Md. — Host McDaniel College downed visiting Washington College, 25-12, 25-17, 16-25, 25-16, in a Centennial Conference volleyball match today in Westminster, Md.
McDaniel 3, Washington College 1 (25-12, 25-17, 16-25, 25-16)
How It Happened
- The Greer Terror never trailed in the first set and hit .464 (15 kills, two errors, 28 attempts) en route to a 25-12 set victory.
- McDaniel held a slim 16-14 lead in the second set before running off four straight points for a 20-14 lead on a Marlowe Embry kill. The Greer Terror went on to win the set, 25-17.
- In the third set, the Shorewomen trailed, 9-8, before running off 10 of the next 11 points to build an 18-10 cushion on a kill by Laura Cochrane. Washington later led by as many as 10 points and took the set, 25-16, on a block by Jenna Daunoras and Kylie Peets.
- The Green Terror held an 8-7 lead early in the fourth set before scoring five of the next six points for a 13-8 lead. McDaniel won the set, 25-16, and the match on a kill by Emma Lorenzen.
For the Shorewomen (7-12, 1-3 Centennial Conference)
- Kylie Peets (8 kills); Isabella Sansanelli (7 kills, 3 blocks); Lauren Zedlar (15 assists; nine digs); Abby Hilty (14 kills)
- The Shorewomen hit .108 and had eight blocks in the match.
For McDaniel (9-8, 3-1 Centennial Conference)
- Anna Jezerski (18 kills, 7 digs); Embry (13 kills, 17 digs); Lorenzen (11 kills); Isabel Paci (8 kills); Gayle Edelstein (44 assists, 10 digs)
- The Green Terror hit .284 as a team in the match.
10/10 @ Notre Dame (Md.) - 7:30 p.m.