Team Sweeps Second Match in as Many Nights
IMMACULATA, Pa. – The Washington College volleyball team tallied it second three-set victory in as many days with a 3-0 (25-17, 25-18, 25-18) win over host Immaculata on Thursday night in a non-conference volleyball match at Alumnae Hall. The Shorewomen improve to 7-8 on the year as they swept Bryn Mawr last night, while the Mighty Macs drop to 4-5.
Washington College 3 Immaculata 0 (25-17, 25-18, 25-18)
How It Happened
- Leading 15-11 in the first set, the Shorewomen won the next four points to grab a 19-11 lead on an attack error by Immaculata. Washington won the set courtesy of a hitting miscue by the Mighty Macs. The Shorewomen hit .258 in the first set, while the Mighty Macs hit .000.
- In the second set, WC led 17-11 before rolling off five straight points to take a 22-11 cushion on a service ace by Jensyn Hartzell. The Shorewomen were able to fend off a late charge by the Mighty Macs as they won the set on an attack miscue by Immacualta.
- The Shorewomen led 16-14 in the third set before rolling off four unanswered points to lead 20-14 on a finisher by Isabella Sansanelli. Jenna Daunoras would end the set and match with a kill a Washington won nine of the last 13 points of the set.
For The Shorewomen (7-8)
- Laura Cochrane (nine kills and hit .500), Daunoras and Maggie Pietrucha (two blocks), Abby Hilty (nine digs), Lauren Zedlar (18 assists)
- Shorewomen had four service aces and five blocks in the match.
- WC hit .222 in the contest.
For Immaculata (4-5)
- Natalie Dependahl (seven kills), Aly Lowe (double-double - 14 assists and 11 digs)
- Immaculata had one ace and one block.
- The Mighty Macs hit -.021 on the night.
- Washington is now 4-0 all-time against Immaculata on the volleyball court, winning all four in three sets.
9/28 @ Stevenson – 1:00 p.m. and v. Misericordia @ Stevenson – 3:00 p.m. (Non-Conference Matches)