Rivier and Central Bayamon Top Shorewomen
SAN JUAN, P.R. – The Washington College volleyball dropped a pair of matches on Sunday in San Juan. In the first match of the day, Washington was downed by Rivier in three sets (25-9, 25-22, 25-21) and then fell to Central Bayamon, 3-0, (28-26, 25-21, 25-23). It was the second and final day for the team down in Puerto Rico.
Rivier 3 Washington College 0 (25-9, 25-22, 25-21)
How It Happened
- The Raiders hit .625 in the first set on their way to the opening set victory.
- Despite hitting .375 in the second set, the Shorewomen dropped a three-point decision in the second.
- Rivier hit .583 in the third and final set to prevail by four.
For Rivier (1-2)
- Raiders hit .400 as a team, had two blocks and tallied six aces.
Central Bayamon 3 Washington College 0 (28-26, 25-21, 25-23)
How It Happened
- Central Bayamon hit .404 in the first set as they needed 28 points to win the set.
- In the second set, Central Bayamon hit .261 to pull out a four-point win as WC hit .-048.
- A .536 hitting percentage in the third set allowed Central Bayamon to come away with a two-point victory to end the contest.
For The Shorewomen (1-3)
- Portera (16 digs), Peets (six kills), Jenna Daunoras (six blocks).
- Team hit .133 in the contest, notched eight rejections and served 12 aces.
For Central Bayamon
- Valeria Naveal (12 kills), Dalina Rivera (13 assists).
- Hit .417 as a team, served seven aces and had one block.
9/5 at Rosemont – 7:00 p.m.
- The Shorewomen swept Rosemont in the prior meeting between the two teams in 2017.