Zedlar Tallies Third Double-Double of the Season
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting McDaniel topped host Washington College, 3-0 (25-19, 25-21, 27-25), on Saturday afternoon at the Cain Athletic Center in a Centennial Conference volleyball match. The Green Terror improve to 13-2 overall and 3-1 in the Centennial, while the Shorewomen fall to 6-11 and 1-3 respectively.
McDaniel 3 Washington College 0 (25-19, 25-21, 27-25)
How It Happened
- In the first set, McDaniel won 10 straight points to turn a 9-5 lead into a 19-5 bulge following an Isabel Paci kill. The Shorewomen would rally to cut the lead to 24-19, but Allie Lugar tallied a kill for the Green Terror to end the set.
- Washington took a 20-19 lead in the second set following an assisted block by Isabella Sansanelli and Abby Smith before McDaniel closed out the set on a 6-1 run. Marlowe Embry gave the Green Terror the lead for the remainder of the set at 21-20 and Embry finished off the second with a kill.
- In a back and forth third set, McDaniel led 24-22 before WC scored the next two points to tie it at 24-24 on a Cassie Kowalski finisher. Tied at 25-25, the Green Terror won the last two points to win the set and match. Embry gave the guests at 26-25 lead on a kill and an attack error by the hosts ended the contest.
For The Shorewomen (6-11, 1-3 CC)
- Kaitlyn Marino and Smith (13 digs to lead team and two aces), Kowalski (12 digs and four assists), Lauren Zedlar (16 assists and 10 digs), Jensyn Hartzell (11 assists and two aces), Lizzie Baden (10 kills to tie for match-best)
- Washington had six aces and four blocks on the afternoon.
For McDaniel (13-2, 3-1 CC)
- Embry (10 kills to tie for match-best and 15 digs), Taylor Bauman (21 digs to lead all players), Lauren Wells (match-high 19 assists), Gayle Edelstein (16 assists and 14 digs), Kendall Hanak (match-high three aces), Makayla Patterson (contest-best three blocks and hit .615)
- The Green Terror hit .250 in the match and had four blocks.
- McDaniel served a total of five aces.
- Marino was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewoman of the Match during the broadcast.
- Zedlar tallied her third double-double of the year to tie her with Kowalski for team lead.
10/3 @ Swarthmore – 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Match)