Daunoras Notches 10 Blocks Against Lycoming
OWINGS MILLS, Md. — The Washington College volleyball team went 1-1 in a tri-match at Stevenson University today. The Shorewomen defeated Lycoming, 25-17, 24-26, 25-14, 25-6, but fell to Stevenson, 25-19, 25-15, 25-14.
Washington College 3, Lycoming 1 (25-17, 24-26, 25-14, 25-6)
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen never trailed in the first set and notched five of the final seven points en route to a 25-17 set victory.
- Washington held an early 7-6 lead in the second set before the Warriors scored the next three points for a 9-7 lead. The Shorewomen later went on a 5-1 run for a 14-12 advantage. Lycoming regained the lead on a service ace by Abigail Harney that set the score a 17-16. The Warriors held a 22-19 lead before Washington scored five of the next six points to take a 24-23 lead on a Cassie Kowalski kill. Lycoming scored the set's final three points for the 26-24 win.
- The third set was tied 4-4 before Washington scored six of eight points for a 10-6 lead thanks to an Isabella Sansanelli kill. The Shorewomen closed out the set hot, scoring 10 of the final 13 points for the 25-14 victory.
- Lycoming scored the first point of the fourth set, but it was all Shorewomen after that, scoring 11 of the next 12 points and rolling to the 25-6 win.
For the Shorewomen (6-8)
- Jenna Daunoras (10 blocks); Lizzie Baden (10 kills); Sansanelli (9 kills, 4 blocks); Kowalski (8 kills, 8 digs, 3 aces); Abby Smith (14 digs); Lauren Zedlar (16 assists, 9 digs)
- The Shorewomen hit .210 for the match and totaled 14 blocks.
For Lycoming (8-5)
- Alysa McDevitt (11 kills); Emily Hepner (29 digs); Emily Morris (17 assists, 11 digs)
- Lycoming had as many attack errors (38) as kills (38) in the match.
- Daunoras joins Sansanelli as the second Shorewoman with 10 blocks in a match this season. Prior to this year, no Shorewoman had reached 10 blocks in a match since 2004.
Stevenson 3, Washington College 0 (25-19, 25-15, 25-14)
How It Happened
- Stevenson led the entire first set en route to a 25-19 set victory.
- The Mustangs did the same in the second set, building a 20-7 lead in a 25-15 win.
- Stevenson also never trailed in the third set, taking a 15-5 lead and winning the set, 25-14.
For the Shorewomen (6-9)
- Kaitlyn Marino (6 kills); Daunoras (3 blocks); Baden (3 blocks); Smith (9 digs)
For Stevenson (9-6)
- Moriah Savage (10 kills, 3 blocks); Katie Leftridge (9 kills, 12 digs); Julie Nightwine (19 assists); Caroline Dangel (14 assists, 13 digs)
- The Mustangs hit .272 in the win.
9/26 @ Johns Hopkins - 7 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)