SALISBURY, Md. — Host Salisbury University defeated visiting Washington College, 25-21, 25-14, 25-15, in a non-conference volleyball match between the two Eastern Shore rivals this evening.
Salisbury 3, Washington College 0 (25-21, 25-14, 25-15)
How It Happened
- Salisbury held a 7-3 lead early in the first set before the Shorewomen ran off six consecutive points to take a 9-7 advantage on a an ace by Cassie Kowalski. Five straight points later in the set gave the Shorewomen a 16-11 cushion. Washington held an 18-12 lead before Salisbury ended the set on a 13-3 run to take a 1-0 lead in the match.
- The Sea Gulls jumped out to a 7-2 lead in the second set and never trailed, taking the final point on a Gabby Fox kill.
- Washington held an early 5-4 lead in the third set, but Salisbury scored 13 of the next 17 points for a 17-9 advantage. The Sea Gulls went on to lead by as many as 13 points in the set.
For Salisbury (3-2)
- Nicole Venturelli (8 kills, 5 digs), Gianna Savarese (7 kills, 4 blocks), Carley Cleland (7 kills), Amanda Chew (7 kills, 5 digs, 3 blocks), Rachel Dubbs (29 assists, 6 digs), Hailey Dougherty (3 aces, 18 digs).
- The Sea Gulls hit .229 as a team in the match.
9/7 @ Marymount - 3 p.m. (Marymount Tournament)
9/7 v. Wheaton (Ill.) - 5 p.m. (at Marymount Tournament)