CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting #14 Johns Hopkins, ranked third in the Atlantic South Region, captured a 9-0 win over host Washington College at Schottland Tennis Center on Saturday afternoon in Centennial Conference women's tennis action. It was the season finale for the Shorewomen.
#14 Johns Hopkins 9 Washington College 0
- The Blue Jays captured all three doubles contests. At No. 1 doubles, the tandem of Anjie Kashyap and Sophia Strickland, ranked fifth in the Atlantic South Region, won 8-0 over Alisha White and Ella Samer.
- No. 3 doubles finished next with Hopkins' duo of Sophie Saland and Lillian Oliver capturing an 8-3 win over Mariah Thomas and Sarah Bruno and No. 2 doubles finished last with the Blue Jays' tandem of Jessica Liang and Amanda Ruci downing Washington's team of Riley Katzman and Cecilia Cress, 8-2.
- Ruci picked the first win in singles for the Blue Jays at No. 4 as she got the better of Bruno, 6-0, 6-1.
- Strickland clinched the match for Hopkins as she bested Samer at No. 2, 6-2, 6-2.
- Kashyap, ranked fourth in the region, won 6-1, 6-1 over White at No. 1 singles. Cress won the first set at No. 3 singles, 6-1 over Liang before Liang rallied to win 6-3 in set two and 10-8 in a superbreaker third set.
- At No. 6 singles, Oliver topped Sanchez, 6-0, 6-0 and in the last match to finish at No. 5 singles was Saland outlasting Thomas, 6-2, 7-5.
- The Blue Jays improve to 14-2 overall and finish conference play with a 10-0 mark, while the Shorewomen conclude their season at 7-8 overall and 5-5 respectively.
- Representing the Shorewomen for the final time today were Sanchez and Thomas.