Evans and Meriot Win at No. 3 Doubles
CARLISLE, Pa. – The visiting Washington College men's tennis fell to host Dickinson 6-1 at Hays Tennis Courts on Thursday afternoon in Centennial Conference men's tennis action. Two matches were unfinished as the two teams played to decision.
Dickinson 6 Washington College 1
- The Red Devils won at No. 1 as the duo of Derek Chen and Justin Pace downed Jake Sandler and Andrew Smith, 8-3. At No. 2 doubles, Dickinson's Sam Coan and Lenoid Sorkin topped Kyle Hickey and Koby Bonita 8-2.
- Washington got its lone win at No. 3 doubles as August Meriot and Mitchell Evans bested Joey Bolanos and Andrew Lai by an 8-5 score.
- Sorkin, ranked 18th in the Atlantic South region, beat Sandler 6-3, 6-3 at No. 1 singles, Pace won at No. 2 singles over Hickey, 6-3, 6-2, Bolanos got the better of Meriot, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 3 singles and at No. 4 singles, Chen edged Bonita, 7-5, 7-6.
- Two matches went unfinished, No. 5 and No. 6 singles. At No. 5, Smith won the first set over Lai, 6-4 and was down 2-0 to Lai when it was stopped and at No. 6, Bryce Perritt was ahead 5-3 against Evans was play was halted.
- Dickinson, ranked 19th in the Atlantic South Region, improves to 9-8 overall and 6-2 in the Centennial, while Washington falls to 5-8 and 3-5 respectively.
4/27 v. Ursinus – 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)
- Senior Day, season and home finale.