BRYN MAWR, Pa. — Visiting Washington College dominated the middle of the lineup en route to a 5-4 Centennial Conference women's tennis win over host Bryn Mawr this afternoon. The Shorewomen remained unbeaten in Centennial Conference play at 3-0 with the win and also improved to 5-3 overall. The Owls slipped to 7-7 and 1-3 with the loss.
Washington College 5, Bryn Mawr 4
- The Shorewomen picked up wins at No. 2 and No. 3. Cecilia Cress and Riley Katzman defeated Caroline Horvatits and Francesca Caramazza, 8-4, at No. 2, while Sarah Bruno and Mariah Thomas topped Christina Xue and Libby Hemp, 8-3, at No. 3
- The Owls won at No. 1 doubles as Audry Camacho and Mia Parrish got past Alisha White and Ella Samer, 8-6.
- The Shorewomen posted big wins at No. 3, No. 4, and No. 5. Cress bested Horvatits, 6-2, 6-0, at No. 3, Bruno breezed past Xue, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 4, and Katzman defeated Caramazza, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 5.
- Parrish and Camacho had impressive wins for the Owls at No. 1 and No. 2. Parrish defeated White, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 1, while Camacho beat Samer, 6-0, 6-2, at No 2.
- The Owls won the most competitive singles match as Hemp defeated Thomas, 7-6(1), 6-2, at No. 6.
4/6 v. Gettysburg - 1 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)