Draves, Homer, 200 Medley Relay Post First-Place Finishes
LEXINGTON, Va. — The Washington College women's swim team opened its 2019-20 season today at a non-conference tri-meet hosted by 19th-ranked Washington and Lee. The Shorewomen fell to the host Generals, 200-55, and to Centre College, 171-88.
#19 Washington and Lee 200, Washington College 55
Centre 171, Washington College 88
- The Shorewomen opened the meet with a first-place finish in the 200 medley relay against Centre in 1:56.50, turned in by Teresa Draves, Emily Homer, Anna Hall, and Lindsay Strauss.
- Draves swam a 1:03.38 in the 100 backstroke to take first against Centre and second against Washington and Lee. She was also second against Centre in the 200 backstroke in 2:17.87.
- Homer was first against Centre in the 100 breaststroke in 1:13.84 and second against Centre in the 200 breaststroke in 2:44.06.
- Hall was second against W&L in the 200 individual medley in 2:22.83, while Alexa Luecke was second against Centre in the 200 freestyle in 2:03.34.
- The Generals, who also beat Centre today, are now 3-0. Centre is now 3-1.
10/26 v. Franklin & Marshall - 1 p.m. (Centennial Conference meet)
- The meet v. F&M will be the Shorewomen's home and Centennial Conference opener.