Portmann Wins Two Individual Events, Swims on Winning 800 Freestyle Relay
RICHMOND, Va. — The Washington College women's swim team placed third of eight teams at the Yellow Jacket Invitational, hosted by Randolph-Macon yesterday and today at the Collegiate School Aquatic Center. Julia Portmann won a pair of individual events and swam on a winning relay team for the Shorewomen.
Yellow Jacket Invitational
Shorewomen Individual Highlights
- Portmann won the 1650 freestyle in 18:02.95 and the 500 freestyle in 5:14.52. She placed second in the 200 freestyle in 1:57.02.
- Anna Hall also had three impressive individual finishes. She was second in the 100 butterfly in 1:00.34 to become the Shorewomen's seventh-fastest swimmer ever in that event, second in the 200 butterfly in 2:13.36 to become their eighth-fastest swimmer ever in that event, and sixth in the 200 individual medley in 2:16.09 to become their 10th-fastest swimmer ever in that event.
- Alexa Luecke was fifth in the 100 freestyle in 55.14, fifth in the 200 freestyle in 1:59.61, and 10th in the 500 freestyle in 5:27.70. Anna Schmittle placed fifth in the 50 freestyle in 24.95, sixth in the 200 freestyle in 1:59.81, and seventh in the 100 freestyle in 55.31.
- Tricia Markey placed sixth in the 1650 freestyle in 18:28.33, seventh in the 500 freestyle in 5:22.35, and eighth in the 200 freestyle in 2:01.85. Alex Searles was seventh in the 100 breaststroke in 1:10.58 and eighth in the 200 breaststroke in 2:34.18. Allison Gallagher was seventh in the 200 backstroke in 2:15.30, eighth in the 200 backstroke in 2:15.82, and 13th in the 400 individual medley in 5:05.25. Teresa Draves finished eighth in the 200 individual medley in 2:16.86, eighth in the 200 backstroke in 2:15.82, and ninth in the 200 individual medley in 4:57.30.
- Haleigh Seek was 12th in the 200 backstroke in 2:19.00 and 15th in the 100 backstroke in 1:06.14. Lindsay Wiecki placed 13th in the 200 butterfly in 2:31.21. Emma Silber took 14th in the 50 freestyle in 26.08 and 16th in the 100 butterfly in 1:04.17, while Emily Homer was 15th in the 200 breaststroke in 2:39.95 and 16th in the 100 breaststroke in 1:14.34. Lindsay Strauss was 15th in the 50 freestyle in 26.19, while Savannah Quade was 16th in the 100 backstroke in 1:06.37.
Shorewomen Relay Highlights
- Markey, Luecke, Schmittle, and Portmann won the 800 freestyle relay in 8:00.37.
- Luecke, Portmann, Silber, and Schmittle placed fourth in the 200 freestyle relay in 1:41.30.
- Draves, Portmann, Schmittle, and Luecke finished fifth in the 400 freestyle relay in 3:42.95.
- Draves, Searles, Hall, and Schmittle were sixth in the 400 medley relay in 4:09.26. Draves led off the relay with a 1:02.40 to become the Shorewomen's 10th-fastest swimmer ever in the 100 backstroke.
- Draves, Searles, Hall, and Luecke finished sixth in the 200 medley relay in 1:55.15.
- Randolph-Macon won the team women's title with 1,563 points. Catholic was second with 1,561, while the Shorewomen were third with 1,161. Barton (1,125), St. Mary's (Md.) (1,034), Marymount (551), Bridgewater (484), and Hollins (185) rounded out the field.
12/8 @ York - 1 p.m.