Luecke Wins Three Individual Events for Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Alexa Luecke won three individual events as host Washington College defeated visiting Bryn Mawr, 165-95, in a Centennial Conference women's swim meet this afternoon inside Casey Swim Center.
Washington College 165, Bryn Mawr 95
- Luecke won the 1000 freestyle in 11.17.10, edging out Bryn Mawr's Becca Adlai-Gai by 1.08 seconds. In the 500 freestyle the margin was even closer as Luecke narrowly took first place in 5:32.76 as teammate Julia Portmann finished in second in 5:32.92. Luecke also won the 100 freestyle in 56.73.
- Teresa Draves won two events for the Shorewomen and was second in another. She won the 200 backstroke in 2:18.28 and the 200 individual medley in 2:20.19. She was second in the 100 backstroke in 1:02.94.
- In addition to her second-place finish in the 500 freestyle, Portmann did win the 200 freestyle in 2:02.93. Alex Searles won the 200 breaststroke in 2:38.56 and was second in the 100 breaststroke in 1:13.01.
- Anna Hall won the 200 butterfly in 2:19.59, while Emma Silber captured the 100 butterfly in 1:05.68.
- Draves, Searles, Hall, and Anna Schmittle opened the meet by winning the 200 medley relay in 1:57.55. Luecke, Schmittle, Silber, and Portmann closed out the meet with the fastest time in the 200 freestyle relay, posting a 1:45.55 as an exhibition entrant.
- Schmittle was second in the 50 freestyle in 26.44, Allison Gallagher took second in the 200 backstroke in 2:20.79, Emily Homer was second in the 200 breaststroke in 2:44.18, and Lindsay Wiecki placed second in the 100 butterfly in 1:08.68.
- The Shorewomen improved to 3-4 overall and 1-3 in conference meets with today's win. The Owls remained winless at 0-5, all in conference action.
- Luecke was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Swimmer of the Meet.
11/30&12/1 @ Yellow Jacket Invitational (Richmond, Va.)