CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Salisbury University got on the scoreboard in the third minute of the game and made that goal stand up in a 1-0 non-conference win over host Washington College tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Salisbury 1, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- The Sea Gulls scored on the first shot of the game at 2:45 when Autumn Dougherty sent a cross from the left into the box where Julianna Boller sent a quick touch to Ally Goetz right in front for the goal.
- Maia Duval put a header on goal for the Shorewomen in the seventh minute that was punched away by Salisbury goalkeeper Emma Hill. Hill saved a shot on a free kick by Rachel Chatfield in the 11th.
- Goetz put a header on goal for the Sea Gulls in the 19th that was saved by Annalie Buscarino for the Shorewomen.
- Washington goalkeeper Noah Smith saved a shot by Brooke Rossiter in the 83rd minute. Lydia Narcum hit the post on a penalty kick for the Sea Gulls in the 85th.
- The Shorewomen were awarded a corner kick in the final seconds but barely got it off before time expired as the Sea Gulls held on for the win.
For the Shorewomen (3-2-1)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Buscarino (1 save, 1 goal allowed, 45:00); Noah Smith (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 45:00)
- The Shorewomen had seven shots and three corner kicks in the game.
For Salisbury (4-2-1)
- Scorers: Goetz (goal), Dougherty (assist), Boller (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Hill (2 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Sea Gulls tallied six shots and three corner kicks in the game.
- Brenda Clark was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game for a strong defensive effort.
9/21 v. Gettysburg - 4 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)