Maynor Scores First Collegiate Goal for Shorewomen
RADNOR, Pa. — The Washington College women's soccer team played to a 1-1 double-overtime draw with host Cabrini this afternoon in a non-conference game.
Washington College 1, Cabrini 1 (2OT)
How It Happened
- Rachel Chatfield put a shot on goal for the Shorewomen in the 10th minute and Maia Duval followed with another in the 21st.
- Marissa Portelli had a shot on goal for Cabrini in the 33rd minute.
- Kelsey Hall's shot on goal in the 43rd minute was the last of the first half as the two teams headed to halftime scoreless.
- Lauren Maynor sent a ball into the lower left of the goal to give the Shorewomen a 1-0 lead at the 5:10 mark. The goal was the first of her collegiate career.
- Alex Garces put a shot on goal for the Cavaliers in the 57th.
- Katelyn Gilinger tied the game for the Cavaliers by beating a defender and sending a high shot into the goal at 64:08.
- In the first overtime, Bess Mascone had a shot on goal for the Shorewomen in the 92nd minute and another in the 94th.
- The only shot of any kind in the second overtime came in the 101st minute as Cabrini's Riley Underwood sent a shot high.
For the Shorewomen (3-1-1)
- Scorers: Maynor (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Annalie Buscarino (2 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
For Cabrini (3-1-1)
- Scorers: Gilinger (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Ashley Tutzauer (5 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- Cabrini held a 13-11 advantage in shots and an 11-4 edge in corner kicks in the game.
9/18 v. Salisbury - 7 p.m.