CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Hood College scored two first-half goals and held on for a 2-1 non-conference women's soccer win over host Washington College tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Hood 2, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- Erin Scarborough put the Blazers in front, 1-0, by knocking in a loose ball from deep in the box at the 6:49 mark.
- Lauren Maynor sent a shot off and over the crossbar for the Shorewomen in the 39th minute.
- Jasmine Mangle scored off an assist from Cassidy O'Neill to double the Blazers' lead at the 39:57 mark.
- Maynor sent a high shot that had to be punched away by a leaping Lydia Erickson in the 62nd minute.
- The Shorewomen got on the board at the 84:35 mark. A free kick was mishandled by Erickson and a scramble in front followed. Cayla Marcinko knocked the ball in for the Shorewomen.
- Keelie Verbeek sent a shot high of the goal in the 88th minute for the Shorewomen's last scoring chance as Hood came away with the win.
For the Shorewomen (3-1)
- Scorers: Marcinko (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Noah Smith (0 saves, 2 goals allowed, 45:00); Annalie Buscarino (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 45:00)
- The Shorewomen held a 13-6 advantage in shots in the game.
For Hood (3-1)
- Scorers: Scarborough (goal), Fosmire (goal), O'Neill (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Erickson (3 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- Marcinko was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
9/14 @ Cabrini - 4 p.m.