Scott Scores From O. Sabatino
RADNOR, Pa. – Despite outshooting host Cabrini 28-7, the visiting Washington College women's soccer team had to settle for a 1-1 draw in double overtime at Edith Robb Dixon Field in non-conference women's soccer action on Tuesday night.
Washington College 1 Cabrini 1 (2OT)
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen took the contest's first nine shots before Cabrini's Taylor Tralie took a shot on goal that was stopped by Washington goalie Courtney Colbert in the 25th minute
- Washington got onto the board at the 40:19 mark of the first when Olivia Sabatino found Steph Scott on the left side of the six and Scott put the ball into the goal to give the Shorewomen a 1-0 lead.
- The Cavaliers knotted the match at 1-1 in the second half at 56:11 when Payton Greene headed in a corner kick with Traile, who took the corner, picking up the helper.
- Emily Caldarelli and Lindsay Russell almost gave the Shorewomen back the lead in the 59th minute, but each of their shots in a five-second span hit the post.
- Cabrini's last shot of regulation came with 23:06 left in the second half, but Traile's shot was blocked by a WC defender.
- Washington had a golden chance to recapture the lead in the 72nd minute, but the shot from the top of the 18 by Russell sailed just wide to the right.
- The Shorewomen had a corner kick with 11 ticks left in the second half, but could not get a shot off of the corner.
- In overtime, Maddie Noonan had the first shot 1:36 into the extra session, but it went wide right.
- Cayla Marcinko almost won it for WC at 97:56, but her shot from 25 yards out hit the top of the crossbar. The Shorewomen had all four shots of the first overtime.
- Traile took the first shot of the second overtime 4:56 in, but her long distance shot was saved by the Shorewomen's Annalie Buscarino.
- Noonan took the final shot with 61 seconds left from around 12 yards out, but sailed high.
For The Shorewomen (7-7-1)
- Scorers: Scott (goal) O. Sabatino (assist)
- Goalkeepers: Colbert (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 45:00), Buscarino (1 save, 1 goal allowed, 65:00)
- Totaled 28 shots and nine corner kicks for the match.
For Cabrini (8-2-4)
- Scorers: Greene (goal), Traile (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Gabby Legendre (9 saves, 1 goals allowed, 104:45), Theresa Mignogna (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 5:15)
- Took seven shots and registered two corners in the contest.
- The 28 shots were a season high for the Shorewomen. Prior to tonight, the high was 24 shots which was done against Delaware Valley and Bryn Mawr.
- Olivia Sabatino extends her all-time lead in career points as she is now at 43. She is now tied for third all-time in team history in assists with 11.
- It was the Shorewomen's first tie since a 2-2 draw at Widener on September 10, 2016.
10/25 v. Ursinus – 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Match)
- Home finale for the Shorewomen.