HAVERFORD, Pa. – Host Haverford took a 2-0 lead into halftime and added one more in the second half to register a 3-0 victory over visiting Washington College at Walton Field in Centennial Conference women's soccer action on Wednesday afternoon.
Haverford 3 Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Haverford struck for the first goal at 16:58 when Hannah Krapes cross from the left side was deflected in from the middle of the six by Grace Mathis into the right side of the goal.
- Isabella Gross made it 2-0 with 6:26 remaining in the first half when she scored in a one-on-one situation with Washington goalie Annalie Buscarino with Marina Piccolo picking up the assist.
- The Fords made it 3-0 at 59:22 in the second half when Skyler Ellenburg converted a penalty kick following a handball by the Shorewomen in the box. Ellenburg scored to her right to cap the scoring in the match
For The Shorewomen (6-7-0, 1-6-0 CC)
- Scorers: None
- Goalkeepers: Annalie Buscarino (2 saves, 3 goals allowed, 65:18), Courtney Colbert (2 saves, 0 goals allowed, 15:38), Kat Moore (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 9:04).
- Totaled three shots and two corner kicks for the match.
For Haverford (7-3-2, 4-1-1 CC)
- Scorers: Ellenburg (goal), Gross (goal), Mathis (goal), Krapes (assist), Piccolo (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Julie Hanss (2 saves, 0 goals allowed, 80:07), Ali Weiner (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 9:53)
- Took 12 shots and registered six corners in the contest.
- Haverford was called for six offside in the match, while Washington was flagged for offside once.
10/14 v. Franklin & Marshall – 2:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Match)