A. Sabatino Scores for Shorewomen in Loss
WESTMINSTER, Md. — Host McDaniel College scored the first four goals of the game en route to a 5-1 Centennial Conference women's soccer win over visiting Washington College this afternoon in Westminster, Md.
McDaniel 5, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- The Green Terror's Maddie Schwartz had the first shot on goal of the game in the 15th minute as Washington goalkeeper Annalie Buscarino made the save.
- McDaniel got on the board when Abby Keen found the back of the net at the 16:27 mark.
- The lead grew to 2-0 before halftime on a Katie Kirschenmann goal off a Keen assist at 42:44.
- A pair of early second-half goals gave McDaniel a 4-0 lead. Rachel Engle assisted on a goal by Lindsey Farrell at 48:19 and Keen assisted on a goal by Allie Titus at 52:12.
- Arianna Sabatino put the Shorewomen on the board with a goal at 60:27.
- Paola Rosa tacked on the Green Terror's fifth goal off a Titus assist at 79:36.
For the Shorewomen (6-4, 1-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: A. Sabatino (goal)
- Goalkeepers: Buscarino (5 saves, 4 goals allowed, 65:09); Courtney Colbert (2 saves, 1 goal allowed, 24:51)
For McDaniel (8-2, 4-0 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Keen (goal, 2 assists), Titus (goal, assist), Kirschenmann (goal), Farrell (goal), Rosa (goal), Engle (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Sydney Kelly (1 save, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- McDaniel held a 20-8 advantage in shots and 5-3 edge in corner kicks in the game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/4 v. Swarthmore - 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)