COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. — Host Ursinus got goals from three different players en route to a 3-0 win over visiting Washington College in a Centennial Conference women's soccer game tonight on Patterson Field in Collegeville, Pennsylvania.
Ursinus 3, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Ursinus scored on the first shot of the night for either team, as Erin Farrell knocked home a loose ball in front of the goal off of a Stephanie Donahue assist to put the Bears up 1-0 with 22:15 to go in the half.
- Arianna Sabatino accounted for both of Washington's shots in the opening half, sending one high and having the other shot saved.
- Ursinus held a 3-2 advantage in shots in a defensive first half.
- Sabatino took the first shot on goal for either team in the second half with 35:41 to go, but it was directly at the keeper for the save.
- The Bears extended the lead to 2-0 with 25:59 to go when Danielle Kuller took a pass from Farrell and slotted a low line drive from 25 yards out in between Washington goalkeeper Courtney Colbert and the left post.
- Lauren Neary almost got Washington's first goal of the night with 19:25 to play, but her shot near the right post was saved by a lunging Courtney Sullivan.
- Ursinus made it 3-0 with 15:29 to play on a goal from Cailey Sanchez, as her shot from 25 yards away hopped off the turf and over Colbert into the net. It was the last shot on goal for either team.
For the Shorewomen (5-7-1, 0-6 CC)
- Scorers: None.
- Goalkeeper: Colbert (2 saves, 3 goals allowed, 90:00).
- The Shorewomen took six shots in the loss and earned three corner kicks.
For Ursinus (5-7-1, 3-4 CC)
- Scorers: Farrell (1 goal, 1 assist), Kuller (1 goal), Sanchez (1 goal), Donahue (1 assist).
- Goalkeeper: Sullivan (3 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00).
- The Bears took eight shots in the win and earned four corner kicks.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/22 v. Franklin & Marshall - 1:00 p.m.
- The teams played to a scoreless draw last season and have tied each of the last two seasons and in three of the last four.
- It will also be Senior Day for the Shorewomen.