Scott, A. Sabatino Score for Shorewomen in Win
IMMACULATA, Pa. — Visiting Washington College doubled up host Immaculata University, 2-1, in a non-conference women's soccer victory tonight. All three goals in the game were scored in the second half.
Washington College 2, Immaculata 1
How It Happened
- The Mighty Macs recorded the first shot on goal of the game in the 17th minute as Washington goalkeeper Courtney Colbert stopped a shot by Carrie Quigley.
- Kylie Heath had the first Washington shot on goal in the 22nd minute, but it was saved by Allie Tracey.
- The Shorewomen held a slim 3-2 advantage in total shots in the first half.
- In the 57th minute, Arianna Sabatino had a shot saved by Tracey, but a foul was called in the box and Steph Scott converted the ensuing penalty kick to give the Shorewomen a 1-0 lead at 56:32.
- Olivia Sabatino had a chance to up the lead to 2-0 in the 66th minute, but Tracey made a save to keep the margin at one goal. Tracey made another save, this time on a shot by Lexi Young, in the 70th minute.
- The Mighty Macs pulled even at the 69:56 mark when Carly Mirarchi chipped in a goal over a diving Colbert.
- After the two teams exchanged shots on goal, the Shorewomen regained the lead when Arianna Sabatino got a goal back Tracey at the 72:20 mark. Her goal came off a double assist from Olivia Sabatino and Colbert.
- Olivia Sabatino took the game's final shot on goal in the 82nd minute as Tracey picked up another save.
For the Shorewomen (4-2-1)
- Scorers: Scott (1 goal), A. Sabatino (1 goal), O. Sabatino (1 assist), Colbert (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Colbert (2 saves, 1 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Shorewomen finished with 13 shots and three corner kicks in the game.
For Immaculata (1-6)
- Scorers: Mirarchi (1 goal)
- Goalkeeper: Tracey (6 saves, 3 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Mighty Macs recorded four shots and three corners in the game.
- With the victory, the Shorewomen surpassed their win total from all of last season, when they finished with a 3-11-2 record.
- The 4-2-1 start to the season for the Shorewomen matches their second-best ever seven-game start. The 2009 team also started 4-2-1, while the 2000 team had a 5-2 record through seven games.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/24 @ Gettysburg - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Game)