A. Sabatino Scores Both Shorewomen Goals
CHESTER, Pa. — Visiting Washington College played to a 2-2 double-overtime tie with host Widener University in a non-conference women's soccer game today in Chester, Pa. Sophomore midfielder Arianna Sabatino (Dix Hills, N.Y./Half Hollows Hills West) scored both of the Shorewomen's goals in the game.
Washington College 2, Widener 2 (2 OT)
How It Happened
- Sabatino scored the first goal of the game at the 19:53 mark off a double assist from Maribeth Harrington and Lis Parks.
- Widener evened the score at 36:54 when Eva Reyes scored off an assist from Lexi Slusher.
- The Shorewomen moved back in front on Sabatino's second goal early in the second half as she found the back of the net following an assist from twin sister Olivia Sabatino at 47:19.
- The Pride tied the score again at 71:09 when Erica McDonough scored off an assist from Shea Scannell.
- Scannell had a potential game-winner saved by Washington goalkeeper Courtney Colbert in the 89th minute.
- The Shorewomen recorded all four of the shots in the first overtime and both shots in the second overtime. Two shots in the first overtime went on goal, but were saved by Jenna Keating. The final shot of the game came from Olivia Sabatino, but went high with 45 seconds left.
For the Shorewomen (2-1-1)
- Scorers: A. Sabatino (2 goals), Harrington (1 assist), Parks (1 assist), O. Sabatino (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Colbert (8 saves, 2 goals allowed, 110:00)
- The Shorewomen had 15 shots and three corner kicks in the game.
For Widener (2-1-1)
- Scorers: Reyes (1 goal), McDonough (1 goal), Slusher (1 assist), Scannell (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Keating (6 saves, 2 goals allowed, 110:00)
- Widener recorded 16 shots and seven corner kicks in the game.
- This is the second year in a row the Shorewomen and Pride have played to a double-overtime tie. Last year, the two teams played to a scoreless draw in Chestertown.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/14 v. Goucher - 7:00 p.m.