HAVERFORD, Pa. — Host Haverford College scored once in the first half and twice in the second to post a 3-0 Centennial Conference women's soccer victory over visiting Washington College this afternoon.
Haverford 3, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- The Fords put three shots on goal in the opening 12 minutes, but all three were stopped by Washington goalkeeper Melissa Barry.
- Barry made another save in the 32nd, this on a shot by Raina Fitzpatrick, but Haverford got on the board at 33:13 when Sklyer Ellenburg sent a pass to Jo Haller, who beat Barry in a one-on-one situation. Anna Dekle sent a shot off the post for the Fords in the 45th.
- Haverford had six shots in the first half, while the Shorewomen's lone shot came off the foot of Arianna Sabatino and went wide in the 19th minute.
- After a Barry save on a shot by Kristen Fiore in the 53rd, Haverford scored its second goal when Abby Letts assisted on a goal by Katie Safter during a scramble following a corner kick at the 53:36 mark.
- Haverford got off back-to-back shots on goal at the end of the 59th minute that were both stopped by Barry. Barry then stopped a penalty kick off the foot of Lexi Williams in the 65th and a shote by Ellenburg in the 71st.
- Williams scored the Fords' third goal at 77:08, scoring from near the top of the 18 off an assist from Krista Federici. Williams took another shot on goal in the 84th, but it was stopped by Barry.
- Haverford's final shot on goal came off the foot of Sofia Licata in the 87th and it was saved by Barry.
For the Shorewomen (3-10-2, 0-8-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Barry (11 saves, 3 goals allowed, 90:00)
- Washington had one shot and one corner kick in the game.
For Haverford (11-4-1, 4-4-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Haller (1 goal), Safter (1 goal), Williams (1 goal), Ellenburg (1 assist), Letts (1 assist), Federici (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Ali Weiner (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Fords finished the game with 20 shots and 11 corner kicks.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/31 v. McDaniel - 2:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)
- The game against the Green Terror will be the Shorewomen's Senior Day and season finale.