CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Ursinus College scored in the 18th minute and that early goal held up as the Bears posted a 1-0 Centennial Conference women's soccer win over host Washington College tonight on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Ursinus 1, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen had the first shot of the game as an attempt by Olivia Sabatino went just high in the third minute.
- In the 14th minute, Washington goalkeeper Melissa Barry made a diving save on a point-blank shot by Erin Farrell.
- Ursinus got on the board when Paige Abronski blasted in a loose ball from outside the box at the 17:15 mark.
- Picabo French nearly evened the score for Washington in the 88th, but Courtney Sullivan fell to her knees to make the save.
- Emani Silva took a long shot on goal in the 90th minute that was saved by Sullivan and had a free kick saved by Sullivan moments later.
For the Shorewomen (3-9-1, 0-7 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Barry (6 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- The Shorewomen took six shots in the game.
For Ursinus (10-4, 5-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Abronski (1 goal)
- Goalkeepers: Sullivan (4 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- Ursinus had 14 shots and three corner kicks on the evening.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/24 @ Franklin & Marshall - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)