CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Jenna Lamb scored the game's only goal in the 47th minute to give visiting Dickinson College a 1-0 Centennial Conference women's soccer win over host Washington College this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Dickinson 1, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Dickinson had three shots on goal on eight total shots in the first half, including a blast from outside the box in the 17th minute that was saved by a leaping Melissa Barry for the Shorewomen.
- The Shorewomen recorded their first shot of the game at the 45:44 mark as an Olivia Sabatino attempt went wide.
- Lamb scored the game's lone tally at 46:15, collecting a ball outside of the box and blasting one high into the goal. Samantha Knapp picked up an assist on the goal.
- Barry made four more saves over the next 12 minutes to keep the Shorewomen within one goal.
- A shot by Washington's Julia Jakus was saved by Dickinson goalkeeper Charlotte Armour at the 70:00 mark.
For the Shorewomen (3-8-1, 0-6 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Melissa Barry (7 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- The Shorewomen had five shots and five corner kicks on the afternoon.
For Dickinson (7-5-2, 3-3-1 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Lamb (1 goal), Knapp (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Charlotte Armour (1 save, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- Dickinson finished with 16 shots and eight corners in the game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/21 v. Ursinus (Centennial Conference game) - 7:00 p.m.