CHESTERTOWN, Md. — A goal in the 16th minute proved to be all the scoring visiting Gettysburg College would need in a 1-0 Centennial Conference women's soccer victory over host Washington College this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Gettysburg 1, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- The only goal of the game came when Lauren Schapiro scored for the Bullets during a give-and-go in transition off a pass from Melissa Seidner at 15:26.
- The Bullets held a 4-1 advantage in shots in the first half.
- Gettysburg had a good scoring chance in the 54th minute when Julia Ramsey sent a ball ahead to Schapiro, who got past her defender during the pass. Schapiro had a potential one-on-one with Washington goalkeeper Melissa Barry, but had a touch go too far ahead and Barry covered the ball up.
- Barry denied another potential goal when she stopped a hard shot by Ramsey in the 68th minute.
For the Shorewomen (2-4-1, 0-2 Centennial)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Barry (2 saves, 1 goal allowed, 90:00)
- The Shorewomen had one shot, taken by Paige Cahoon, and two corner kicks in the loss.
For Gettysburg (4-1-2, 1-1 Centennial)
- Scorers: Schapiro (1 goal), Seidner (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Eliza Gray (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Bullets finished with eight shots and two corner kicks.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/29 v. Immaculata - 7:00 p.m.