TOWSON, Md. — Host Goucher College got one goal each from three different players in a 3-0 non-conference women's soccer win over visiting Washington College this afternoon on Beldon Field.
Goucher 3, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Bri Hite recorded the first shot on goal of the game in the 17th minute, but that Goucher attempt was saved by Washington goalkeeper Courtney Colbert.
- The Shorewomen got a shot on goal in the 43rd as Olivia Sabatino had her shot saved by Goucher goalkeeper Julianna Harkavy.
- Goucher had a 5-2 advantage in total shots in the first half, but the Shorewomen recorded three of the half's four corner kicks.
- Colbert made a stop on an early second-half shot by Samantha Turner in the 46th minute.
- The Gophers got on the board shortly thereafter as Christina Yarrish scored off a block by a defender in the box at the 47:18 mark.
- Hite tacked on Goucher's second goal at 76:34, sending the ball in after a corner kick from Gaby Davis was deflected by Theresa Antkowiak-Tassone.
- Alex Collier got off another shot on goal for the Gophers in the 81st minute that Colbert saved.
- Picabo French fired off a shot on goal for the Shorewomen in the 82nd that was saved by Harkavy.
- A shot on goal by Davis was stopped by Colbert in the 83rd.
- Antkowiak-Tassone scored Goucher's final goal at 88:35 off an assist from Davis.
- Arianna Sabatino had a final scoring chance for the Shorewomen, but her header was saved by Harkavy in the 90th minute.
For the Shorewomen (2-3-1)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Colbert (4 saves, 3 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Shorewomen had five shots and four corner kicks in the game.
For Goucher (5-1-2)
- Scorers: Antkowiak-Tassone (1 goal, 1 assist), Yarrish (1 goal), Hite (1 goal), Davis (2 assists)
- Goalkeeper: Harkavy (3 saves, 0 goals allowed, 90:00)
- The Gophers finished with 14 shots and four corners on the afternoon.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/26 v. Gettysburg - 4:00p (Centennial Conference game)