MIAMI, Fla. – Eastern Connecticut State scored the game's first 10 points and never trailed on its way to a 53-31 win over Washington College on Monday at the HoopMIA D3 Holiday Shootout in a non-conference women's basketball game on Coach Cesar Odio Court on the campus of Barry University. The Warriors improve to 5-2 overall, while the Shorewomen fall to 6-3.
Eastern Connecticut State 53 Washington College 31
How It Happened
- The Warriors raced out to a 10-0 lead with 4:40 left in the first quarter on two free throws by Lizzy Cretella. The Shorewomen would get on the board with 3:22 left in the first on a Cassidy Quattro layup. Eastern Connecticut would lead 12-6 after one quarter.
- Eastern Connecticut led 16-10 following two Quattro free throws with 6:24 remaining in the second quarter before closing out the quarter on a 14-3 run to take a 30-13 lead into halftime. Cretella canned a three-pointer with 35 ticks left in the second to cap the scoring in the second.
- In the third quarter, the Warriors outscored the Shorewomen 19-10 to lead 49-23 after three quarters.
- Washington outscored Eastern Connecticut State in the fourth quarter, 8-4 to provide the final margin.
For The Shorewomen (6-3)
- Quattro (seven points and three blocks), Emilee Cramer (six boards), Caitlyn Clark, Emily Helms and Lizzie Hudock (three steals)
- WC shot 15% from the floor (10-for-66), 19% from three-point range (4-for-21) and 88% (7-for-8) from the foul line in the game.
- The Shorewomen turned it over 10 times, while forcing 20 turnovers by the Warriors.
- Washington outscored Eastern Connecticut in bench points, 19-16.
For Eastern Connecticut State (5-2)
- Mya Villard (13 points), Anna Barry (12 points, 13 rebounds and two blocks), Danielle O'Brien (three steals)
- The Warriors shot 38% from the floor (18-for-47), 25% from three-point land (2-for-8) and 79% from the foul stripe (15-for-19) as they outrebounded the Shorewomen, 47-27.
- Eastern Connecticut outscored Washington College in points in the paint (28-8), points off turnovers (10-9), second chance points (10-6) and transition points (7-4).
12/17 v. Widener @ Miami, Fla. – 4:00 p.m. (Non-Conference Game)
- Second and final game of the HoopMIA D3 Holiday Shootout for the team.