CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Division II Wilmington (Del.) outscored host Washington College 42-30 in the second half to post a 77-63 win in a women's basketball exhibition game played tonight at the Cain Athletic Center in Chestertown, Maryland. The game did not count as a game in the season standings for either team.
Wilmington (Del.) 77, Washington College 63
How It Happened
- A three pointer from Jadyn Whitsitt gave Wilmington a 19-16 lead after the opening quarter.
- A pair of free throws from Madeline Williams cut the Wildcats lead to 35-33 at the halftime break.
- Wilmington started the third quarter with a 9-2 run in the opening 2:32 to open up a 44-35 lead.
- A three pointer from Olivia Levin sliced the lead to 47-43 with 3:23 to play in the quarter, but Wilmington would go on an 8-0 run to take control of the game and open up their first double digit lead at 55-43 with 1:52 to go in the quarter following a layup from Emily Ansah. The Wildcats would hold a 58-44 lead after three quarters of play.
- A putback from Cassidy Quattro cut the deficit to 10 at 69-59 with 3:20 left in the fourth quarter, but the Shorewomen would get no closer.
For the Shorewomen
- Quattro (14 points), Levin (9 points, 3-for-5 from three), Emilee Cramer (8 points, 6 rebounds).
- The Shorewomen shot 31.9% from the floor in the loss, 35% from three point range, and 58.8% at the free throw line.
- Washington outscored Wilmington 37-18 in bench points.
- Whitsitt (18 points), Tiffany Jackson (16 points, 11 rebounds), Ansah (10 points, 16 rebounds), Sabreen Muslim (17 points, 9 rebounds)
- The Wildcats shot 41.7% from the floor in the win, 30.4% from three point range, and 55.6% at the free throw line.
- Wilmington held a 52-45 advantage in rebounds and forced 17 turnovers, while turning the ball over 14 times themselves.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
11/9 v. Immaculata - 2:00 p.m.
- Season opener for the Shorewomen.
- Washington defeated Immaculata 45-40 last year and have defeated the Mighty Macs in the past four meetings.