Helms Scores Career-Best 12 Points in Loss for Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Muhlenberg College topped host Washington College, 56-39, in a Centennial Conference women's basketball game tonight inside Cain Athletic Center.
Muhlenberg 56, Washington College 39
How It Happened
- The Mules scored seven of the first eight points to take a 7-1 lead on a Madison Kirchofer lay-up with 5:50 to go in the first quarter. Muhlenberg held a 14-6 lead after the first quarter.
- The Muhlenberg lead grew to as many as 13 points during the second quarter and brought a 27-16 advantage into the halftime break.
- In the third quarter, the Mules' lead was between 10 and 16 points throughout the period. The quarter came to a close with Muhlenberg ahead, 42-30.
- An Ashley Polera lay-up with 2:02 left in the fourth quarter completed a 7-0 run for the Mules, giving them a 52-35 lead.
For the Shorewomen (5-10, 2-8 Centennial Conference)
- Emily Helms (career-high 12 points); Bridget McLaughlin (8 points); Cassidy Quattro (8 points), Caitlyn Clark (career high-tying 9 rebounds, 4 assists)
- The Shorewomen shot 26.4% from the field, 5-for-25 from three-point range, and 6-for-7 at the free-throw line.
For Muhlenberg (10-6, 6-5 Centennial Conference)
- Margaux Eripret (18 points); Polera (12 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists); Sara Dilly (8 points, 10 rebounds), Carley Hamilton (4 blocks)
- The Mules shot 37.7% from the field, 5-for-26 from three-point range, and 11-for-17 at the free-throw line.
- Muhlenberg had a 39-36 rebounding advantage and turned the ball over nine times to Washington's 15.
- Helms was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
2/13 @ Bryn Mawr - 7 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)