CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting McDaniel College went on a 17-0 run during the third quarter en route to a 69-56 Centennial Conference women's basketball victory over host Washington College tonight inside Cain Athletic Center.
McDaniel 69, Washington College 56
How It Happened
- The Green Terror used a 9-1 run over a span of 7:01 to build a 15-7 lead in the first quarter before Washington's Caitlyn Clark converted a lay-up with six seconds left to trim the margin to six at 15-9.
- McDaniel held a 24-18 following a Liv Storer free throw with 3:15 to go in the second quarter before the Shorewomen ran off 11 straight points to take a 28-24 lead on an Emily Helms three-pointer with 27 seconds to go. The Green Terror ended the run with a Hannah Zajac jumper with nine seconds on the clock, but Madeline Williams beat the halftime buzzer with a three-pointer from about 35 feet out for a 31-26 halftime lead for the Shorewomen.
- Washington held a 35-30 two minutes into the third quarter before the Green Terror ran off their 17 unanswered points to surge to a 47-35 lead on an Allyson Shipley jumper with 3:06 on the clock. The Green Terror were up 49-36 with just over two minutes to play in the quarter, but the Shorewomen scored five of the final six points of the period to get back to within single digits at 50-41 on a Cassidy Quattro jumper with 37 seconds left.
- Williams opened the fourth quarter with a jumper to trim the McDaniel lead down to seven, but the Green Terror scored the next seven points for a 57-43 advantage on a Sara Pilkey lay-up with 6:07 remaining. McDaniel led by at least nine points the rest of the way.
For the Shorewomen (7-13, 4-11 Centennial Conference)
- Kozlowski (12 points, 12 rebounds); Williams (11 points, 5 assists); Quattro (10 points)
- The Shorewomen shot 43% from the field, 4-for-13 from three-point range, and 6-for-10 at the free-throw line.
- Washington held a 41-27 rebounding advantage, but turned the ball over 25 times to McDaniel's 11.
For McDaniel (12-10, 7-10 Centennial Conference)
- Zajac (19 points, 5 rebounds, 5 steals); Storer (16 points); Madeleine Thompson (9 points); Jayce Klingenberg (8 assists)
- The Green Terror shot 45% from the field, 5-for-16 from three-point range, and 16-of-29 at the foul line.
- Williams was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
2/7 @ Ursinus - 7:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)