CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting 20th-ranked Gettysburg College hit a buzzer-beating three to end the first half and opened the third quarter with a 16-4 run en route to a 70-52 Centennial Conference women's basketball victory over host Washington College tonight inside Cain Athletic Center.
#20 Gettysburg 70, Washington College 52
How It Happened
- Neither team led by more than three points in the first quarter. An Emily Thiemann free throw with 21 seconds left gave the Shorewomen a 15-14 advantage after one period.
- The second quarter remained a one-possession game throughout until Ashley Gehrin made a long three to beat the buzzer for a 32-28 Gettysburg lead at the intermission. Prior to that, the quarter featured 11 lead changes and three ties.
- After Bridget McLaughlin opened the third quarter with a jumper for the Shorewomen, the Bullet scored 16 of the next 18 points for a 48-32 lead on an Emma Dorshimer three-pointer with 5:16 left in the period. Gettysburg held a 55-42 lead through three quarters.
- Gettysburg led by as many as 20 points in the fourth quarter.
For the Shorewomen (5-8, 2-6 Centennial Conference)
- Kristi Kowzlowski (11 points, 6 rebounds); McLaughlin (11 points); Alexis Krahlin (8 points); Taylor Samuels (8 points, 7 rebounds)
- The Shorewomen shot 33.3% from the field, 3-for-10 from three-point range, and 9-of-14 at the free-throw line.
For Gettysburg (11-2, 8-0 Centennial Conference)
- Gehrin (21 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists); Meredith Brown (20 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals), Dorshimer (15 points, 9 rebounds)
- The Bullets shot 36.4% from the field, 8-of-26 from three-point range, and 14-of-19 at the free-throw line.
- Gettysburg held a 46-41 rebounding advantage and committed nine turnovers to the Shorewomen's 14.
- Kozlowski was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
1/12 @ Dickinson - 2 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)