Levin Scores 19 Points to Set Career-High and is Named to All-Tournament Team
READING, Pa. – Washington College got a game-high 19 points from freshman guard Olivia Levin (Cape May, N.J./Lower Cape May Regional) as she set a personal-best and earned a spot on the All-Tournament team in a 73-20 win over Penn State-Schuylkill on Sunday afternoon in a non-conference women's basketball game in the consolation round of the Nonno Alby's Tip-Off Tournament hosted by Alvernia on Jack McCloskey Court. The Shorewomen improve to 2-1, while the Lady Lions drop to 0-4.
Washington College 73 Penn State-Schuylkill 20
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen scored the game's first eight points to take an 8-0 lead 4:08 into the game on a jumper by Emily Thiemann. Washington scored the last seven points of the quarter to take a 15-4 lead after one.
- In the second quarter, the Shorewomen outscored the Lady Lions 16-2 after Penn State-Schuylkill trimmed the lead 19-8 to take a 35-10 lead at halftime. Olivia Levin capped the first half scoring on a jumper with 16 ticks left in the second.
- Washington outscored Penn State Schuylkill 14-5 in the third quarter and 24-5 in the fourth quarter.
For The Shorewomen (2-1)
- Levin (game-best 19 points to establish career-high), Cassidy Quattro (contest-high 10 rebounds), Thiemann (three blocks)
- WC shot 37% from the floor (28-for-76), 36% from three-point range (8-for-22) and 75% (9-for-12) from the foul line in the game.
- Washington had the advantage in bench points, 44-2, fast-break points, 9-0, points in the paint, 26-10, second chance points, 19-0, and points off turnovers, 27-2.
- The Shorewomen turned it over just seven times and had a 51-31 advantage on the glass.
For Penn State-Schuylkill (0-4)
- Alyssa Gerber (nine points and eight rebounds), Morgan Edge (two blocks)
- PSU-Schuylkill shot 17% from the floor (7-for-41), missed all 14 from three-point territory and 75% from the foul stripe (6-for-8).
- The Lady Lions had 25 turnovers.
- It was the Shorewomen's largest margin of victory since an 88-23 win over Bryn Mawr in the 2013-14 season.
11/20 v. Swarthmore – 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference Game)
- Conference opener.