Krahling Scores Eight Points to Lead WC
EMMITSBURG, Md. – Host Division I Mount St. Mary's downed visiting Washington College, 74-50, on Tuesday evening on Jim Phelan Court at Knott Arena in a women's basketball exhibition for the Shorewomen. The game did count for the Division I Mountaineers as they win their season opener.
Mount St. Mary's 74 Washington College 50
How It Happened
- The Mountaineers jumped out to a quick 10-1 lead 3:54 into the game on a free throw by Juliette Lewis.
- Washington would answer by outscoring Mount St. Mary's the rest of the quarter by a 9-5 margin to trim the lead to 15-10 after first quarter. Madeline Williams canned a jumper with 1:02 left in the first to provide the final points.
- Mount St. Mary's scored first nine points of the second quarter to take a 24-10 lead with 5:26 left before halftime on a Michaela Harrison bucket. The Mountaineers took a 36-17 lead into halftime after the Shorewomen's Emily Thiemann closed out the second quarter scoring jumper from Williams with 58 seconds left.
- The Mountaineers outscored the Shorewomen, 25-15, in the third to lead 61-32 after three quarters.
- Washington won the fourth quarter over Mount St. Mary's by an 18-13 margin.
For The Shorewomen (Game Does Not Count In Standings)
- Alexis Krahling (eight points), Caitlyn Clark (four assists)
- WC shot 35% from the floor in the game and outscored the hosts off the bench by a 30-27 count.
For Mount St. Mary's (1-0)
- Daly Sullivan (14 points), Jatarrikah Settle and Addison Taylor (10 points and seven rebounds), Harrison (four steals).
- The Mountaineers shot 43% from the floor and held a 47-33 edge in rebounds.
11/14 v. Notre Dame (Md.) – 7:00 p.m. (non-conference game)
- Season opener for the Shorewomen.
- Washington has won five of the seven all-time meetings, but are playing for the first time since a 79-67 WC win in 2002-03.