DiPrimio Drives in Three Runs in Game-Two Win
ALLENTOWN, Pa. — The Washington College softball team split a Centennial Conference double-header with host Muhlenberg College this afternoon. The Mules took game one, 2-1, but the Shorewomen rebounded for a 6-4 victory in game two.
Muhlenberg 2, Washington College 1 (Game One)
How It Happened
- The game was scoreless until the bottom of the third when a two-out double by Taylor Trifiolis plated Nicole Iannarone for a 1-0 Muhlenberg lead. The Mules added another run in the next inning when Paige Seitz scored on a throwing error following an Iannarone two-out single.
- The Shorewomen got a run back in the top of the fifth when Clare Hofstedt drove in Trish Langley with a two-out single up the middle.
- Washington threatened in the seventh, putting runners on the corners with two outs, but Muhlenberg pitcher Hayley Peterson got Elaina DiPrimio to ground out to first base to end the game.
For the Shorewomen (13-14, 5-2 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: Langley (1-for-1, 1 walk, 1 hit-by-pitch, 1 run scored), Hofstedt (1-for-4, RBI)
- Pitching: Taylor Harcum (loss, complete game, seven hits, two walks, four strikeouts, one earned run)
- The Shorewomen had five hits in the game.
For Muhlenberg (9-14, 3-2 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: Trifiolis (3-for-3, two doubles, one RBI), Iannarone (2-for-4, one run scored), Seitz (1-for-3, one run scored)
- Pitching: Peterson (win, complete game, five hits, one walk, one strikeout, no earned runs)
- The Mules had seven hits in the game.
Washington College 6, Muhlenberg 4 (Game Two)
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen plated two runs in the top of the third on a two-out triple to right field by Elaina DiPrimio.
- Washington added a run in the top of the sixth when Paige Briganti drove in Hannah Spohn with a two-out double to left field.
- The Shorewomen added three runs in the top of the seventh on a one-out DiPrimio ground-out that scored Kerri Estep and a two-out, double to left by Maddie Bennett that plated Clare Hofstedt and Allyson Meil.
- The Mules got on the board in the bottom of the seventh on a two-out, two-run single by Allyson Sweeney which scored Hanna Caiola and Karissa Astrella. Iannarone followed with a two-run RBI double to right to plate Sweeney and Amelia Shelley. Bennett then struck out Amie DeFeo swinging to end the game.
For the Shorewomen (14-14, 6-2 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: DiPrimio (1-for-4, three RBI), Bennett (1-for-4, double, two RBI), Meil (1-for-2, two runs, one walk), Briganti (1-for-3, double, one RBI), Estep (1-for-3, one RBI), Hofstedt (two runs, one walk)
- Pitching: Bennett (win, complete game, three hits, four walks, eight strikeouts, four earned runs)
- The Shorewomen had five hits in the win.
For Muhlenberg (9-15, 3-3 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: Iannarone (1-for-4, double, two RBI), Astrella (1-for-1, run, two walks), Sweeney (1-for-2, two RBI, one run), Caiola (two walks, one run)
- Pitching: Haley Fedak (loss, complete game, five hits, four walks, six strikeouts, six earned runs)
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/9 @ Dickinson - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference double-header)