TOMS RIVER, N.J. — The Washington College sailing team finished ninth of 17 teams at the Ocean County Spring Open, hosted by Ocean County College, this weekend.
Ocean County Spring Open
Washington College Highlights
- Skipper Paul Hart and crew Ellie Lienert placed ninth in A Division for Washington. They won the first A Division race, placed third in race 11A, and were fourth in races 8A and 10A.
- Skipper Andrew Vernon and crew Jack Mecca finished ninth in B Division for Washington. Their top race finished was a second-place finish in race 11B.
- Four races each division sailed on Saturday; eight more in each division sailed on Sunday.
- Hampton, Fordham, and Stony Brook finished in first, second, and third overall, respectively, at the regatta.
4/13&14 @ The Grant (Merchant Marine)
- The top six finishing teams at The Grant will qualify for the final six spots of the America Trophy, the MAISA Spring Co-Ed Dinghy Championships.