First Appearance at Fall Championship Regatta in Three Years Concludes Fall Schedule
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — The Washington College sailing team finished its fall season this weekend with a 17th-place finish out of 18 teams at the War Memorial, the MAISA Fall Co-Ed Dinghy Championships. Navy hosted this year's edition of the regatta.
War Memorial - MAISA Fall Co-Ed Dinghy Championships
Washington College Highlights
- Washington was 17th in A Division. Skipper Paul Hart sailed with crew Ellie Lienert in the first eight and 11th through 14th A Division races and crew Haber Carlson in the ninth and 10th and 15th through 18 A Division races. Washington's best A Division race finish was seventh in race 2A.
- In B Division, Washington also finished 17th. Andrew Vernon skippered the first four B Division races with Carlson as his crew. Henry Proud skippered the remaining 14 B Division races with Vernon as his crew. Washington's best B Division race finish with eighth in race 9B.
- Ten races sailed in each division on Saturday. Eight more races sailed in each division on Sunday to complete a full rotation.
- Hobart/William Smith won the War Memorial, followed by Georgetown in second and Navy in third.
- This was Washington's first appearance in the War Memorial since a 14th-place finish at the regatta three years ago.