LANCASTER, Pa. — Host Franklin & Marshall College won at five of the six singles spots and two of the three doubles spots in a 7-2 Centennial Conference men's tennis win over Washington College this afternoon.
Franklin & Marshall 7, Washington College 2
- F&M won at No. 2 and No. 3. Zack Levin and Isaac Salas topped Kyle Hickey and Koby Bonta, 8-3, at No. 2. Andrew Pace and Tristan Steffe beat August Meriot and Mitchell Evans, 8-7(5), at No. 3.
- The Shoremen won at No. 1 as Jake Sandler and Andrew Smith bested Sam Bellersen and Adith Chandavarkar, 8-4.
- The Shoremen's lone singles win came at No. 3 as Meriot beat Levin, 7-6(4), 2-6, 6-3.
- Salas downed Sandler, 6-3, 6-1, at No. 1, Bellersen beat Hickey, 7-5, 6-4, at No. 2, Chandavarkar topped Bonta, 6-2, 1-6, 6-4, at No. 4, and Pace topped Smith, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 5. Adrian Charchalis defeated Evans, 6-1, 6-0, at No. 6.
- The Diplomats, who are ranked 20th in the Atlantic South region, improved to 5-6 overall and 2-3 in conference matches with the win, while the Shoremen fell to 5-5 and 3-2 with the loss.
4/16 v. #31 Swarthmore - 3:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)