Shoremen Drop Only Seven Games in Entire Match
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The host Washington College men's tennis team dropped only seven games across three doubles and six singles spots in a 9-0 shutout of visiting McDaniel in Centennial Conference play this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center.
Washington College 9, McDaniel 0
- Koby Bonta and Kyle Hickey at No. 1 and Mitchell Evans and August Meriot at No. 3 both posted 8-0 wins for the Shoremen in doubles. Bonta and Hickey blanked Luke Shuck and Tate Myers, while Evans and Meriot shut out Justin Arter and Noah Friedman.
- Jake Sandler and Andrew Smith added an 8-1 win over Quinn Butler and Jimmy Wawrzynski at No. 2.
- Evans blanked Friedman, 6-0, 6-0, at No. 6 and Hickey downed Burker, 6-2, 6-0, at No. 2 in the first two singles matches to finish to clinch the win for the Shoremen.
- Meriot followed with a 6-0, 6-0, win against Wawrzynski at No. 3 and Smith won by the same score at No. 5 against Arter.
- Bonta added a 6-1, 6-0, victory over Myers at No. 3 and Sandler defeated Shuck, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 1.
- The Shoremen improved to 5-4 overall and 3-1 in conference matches, while the Green Terror fell to 1-5 and 0-4 with the loss.
4/13 @ Franklin & Marshall - 12 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)