HAVERFORD, Pa. — Host Haverford College defeated visiting Washington College, 9-0, in a Centennial Conference men's tennis match this afternoon. The Fords, who are ranked 12th in the Atlantic South Region, improved to 5-5 overall and 2-0 in conference matches with the win, while the Shoremen fell to 3-4 and 1-1 with the loss.
Haverford 9, Washington College 0
- Josh Moskovitz and Kevin Yan were 8-1 winners for the Fords at No. 1, topping Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler.
- Pranav Krishnan and George Jiang bested Kyle Hickey and Koby Bonta, 8-2, at No. 2.
- Nick Sweeney and Amav Patodia defeated August Meriot and Mitchell Evans, 8-1, at No. 3.
- Yan beat Sandler, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 1 and Moskovitz (ranked 11th in the region in singles) downed Salisbury, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 2 to clinch the victory for Haverford.
- Krishnan added a 6-1, 6-3, victory against Meriot at No. 4, while Jiang pulled out a 6-0, 4-6, 10-8, win against Hickey at No. 3.
- Sweeney beat Bonta, 6-0, 6-2, at No. 5 and Patodia downed Andrew Smith, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 2 to complete the sweep for the Fords.
4/6 v. Gettysburg - 1 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)