CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The Washington College men's tennis team picked up a win in its first Centennial Conference match of the season today, topping visiting Muhlenberg, 7-2, at Schottland Tennis Center. The Shoremen evened their overall record at 3-3 with the win.
Washington College 7, Muhlenberg 2
- Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler pulled out an 8-7(3) win over Jason Grant and Noah Sellinger at No. 1 for the Shoremen.
- Alex Dagilis and Noah Dunn won in a tie-breaker for the Mules at No. 2, defeating Koby Bonta and Kyle Hickey, 8-7(8).
- August Meriot and Mitchell Evans topped Andrew Natko and Steven Shoemaker, 8-3, at No. 3 for the Shoremen.
- Salisbury beat Sellinger, 7-6(3), 6-0, at No. 1, while Sandler bested Grant, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 2.
- Dagilis picked up a win for the Mules at No. 3, beating Hickey, 6-2, 2-6, 6-2.
- The Shoremen won at the bottom three spots. Meriot topped Daniel Kantor, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 4, Bonta downed Shoemaker, 6-1, 4-6, 10-4, at No. 5, and Andrew Smith beat Adam Kronick, 6-2, 7-5, at No. 6.
- Muhlenberg fell to 3-5 overall and 0-2 in conference play with the loss.
4/2 @ Haverford - 4 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)