Shoremen Go 8-4 in Singles, 9-1 in Doubles
ASHLAND, Va. — The Washington College men's tennis team put together an impressive performance at Randolph-Macon's Yellow Jacket Invitational on Saturday, going 8-4 in singles and 9-1 in doubles. The tournament, originally, slated for two days, was shortened to one due to rain on Sunday.
Yellow Jacket Invitational
- Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler went 3-0 in the No. 1 singles flight, posting wins over duos from Randolph-Macon, Roanoke, and Juniata.
- Kyle Hickey and Koby Bonta were also victorious against opponents from all three schools in the No. 2 singles flight.
- In the No. 3 singles flight, Mitchell Evans and August Meriot scored a win over Roanoke, while Evans and Andrew Smith were winners over Juniata.
- Evans and Meriot also won the Shoremen's lone match in No. 4 singles, defeating a dooubles team from Randolph-Macon.
- The Shoremen's top two singles players competed in one singles match each as Salisbury and Sandler won in No. 1 and No. 2 singles, respectively, against Virginia Wesleyan.
- Meriot also won against Virginia Wesleyan, claiming a victory in No. 4 singles. Against Randolph-Macon, he posted a victory in No. 1 singles to go 2-0 overall in singles along with his 2-0 doubles record.
- Bonta and Hickey won in No. 2 and No. 3, respectively, against Randolph-Macon. Smith and Evans won in No. 4 and No. 6 against the Yellow Jackets.
9/28-30 @ ITA Southeast Regionals (hosted by Mary Washington)