Shoremen Win All Six Singles Matches
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The host Washington College men's tennis team clinched a spot in the Centennnial Conference Tournament with a 7-2 win over visiting Gettysburg today at Schottland Tennis Center. The Shoremen trailed, 2-1, after doubles, but won all six singles matches in the victory.
Washington College 7, Gettysburg 2
- The Bullets picked up the first point of the match with an 8-2 win by Harrison Brown and Jacob Meehan against Jake Sandler and John Niswander at No. 3.
- Gettysburg pushed the lead to 2-0 with a 9-7 win at No. 1 by Kevin Maier and Tommy Gilio over Justin Panepinto and Luke Weaver.
- The Shoremen picked up their first point of the match when Andrew Smith and Koby Bonta pulled out a 9-8(5) win over Christian Deschapples and Nick D'Amore at No. 2.
- August Meriot evened the score for the Shoremen with a 6-0, 6-2, win against Gilio at No. 4.
- Bonta gave the Shoremen their first lead by finishing a 6-2, 6-3, win against Maier at No. 3, while Weaver made it a 4-2 Washington lead with a 7-6(5), 6-0, victory against D'Amore at No. 2.
- Sandler clinched the Shoremen's match win with his 6-3, 6-0, triumph over Deschapelles at No. 1.
- Panepinto added a 6-0 6-3, victory against Brown at No. 5 and Niswander topped Bodovitz, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 6 to provide the final 7-2 score.
- The Shoremen improved to 7-6 overall and 5-2 in conference matches with the win, while the loss dropped the Bullets to 2-7 and 0-7.
- Weaver, Panepinto, and Niswander were honored prior to today's match for Senior Day.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/24 v. #23 Johns Hopkins - 3:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)