CARLISLE, Pa. — The Washington College men's tennis team picked up a key Centennial Conference win over host Dickinson College this afternoon, topping the Red Devils, 6-3. The Shoremen improved to 5-6 overall and 3-2 in conference play with the win, while the Red Devils fell to 7-7 and 1-5.
Washington College 6, Dickinson 3
- Chris Salisbury and Jake Sandler gave the Shoremen the early lead with an 8-3 victory against Samuel Loring and Shawn Diniz at No. 1.
- The Red Devils tied things up with a win at No. 2 as Derek Chen and Peter Schmidt topped Luke Weaver and Justin Panepinto, 8-4.
- Washington regained the lead thanks to an 8-6 win at No. 3 by Koby Bonta and Andrew Smith over Joey Bolanos and Nick Reese.
- The Shoremen won the first three singles matches to finish to clinch the team victory. Salisbury beat Diniz, 6-0, 6-4, at No. 1, Weaver bested Chen, 6-4, 6-4, at No. 3, and Bonta defeated Loring, 6-2, 2-6, 6-0, at No. 4.
- The Red Devils notched the next two singles matches to finish. Schmidt bested Sandler, 7-5, 7-6(2), at No. 2, while Bolanos topped Kyle Hickey, 6-2, 6-4, at No. 5.
- August Meriot was a 6-0, 7-6(5), winner for the Shoremen over Bryce Perritt at No. 6 to provide the final point.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/18 @ Ursinus - 4:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)