Shoremen Post Victory in Conference Opener
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Host Washington College cruised to a 7-2 victory over visiting Muhlenberg College in the Centennial Conference men's tennis opener for both schools this afternoon at Schottland Tennis Center.
Washington College 7, Muhlenberg 2
- The Shoremen picked up the match's first point as Andrew Smith and Koby Bonta were 8-2 winners over Noah Dunn and Adam Kronick at No. 3.
- Chris Salisbury and Kyle Hickey then added an 8-5 win for the Shoremen at No. 2 against Jason Grant and Andrew Natko.
- The Mules got on the board thanks to an 8-6 victory by Mickey Schindler and Noah Sellinger over Luke Weaver and Justin Panepinto at No. 1.
- The Mules evened the match score at 2-2 when Grant completed his 6-4, 6-2, win against Weaver at No. 2.
- Salisbury then finished a 6-1, 6-2, win against Schindler at No. 1 and Hickey topped Alex Dagilis, 6-2, 6-4, at No. 4 to put the Shoremen ahead, 4-2.
- Bonta clinched the match win for the Shoremen with a 6-4, 6-4, win against Sellinger at No. 3.
- August Meriot defeated Eli Taylor-Kerman, 6-2, 6-2, at No. 5, and Panepinto bested Natko, 6-2, 6-4, at No. 6 to round out the scoring.
- The Shoremen improved to 2-4 overall with the win; the loss dropped the Mules to 1-7.
Up Next for the Shoremen
3/25 @ Randolph-Macon - 1:00 p.m.