Shoremen Run the Table in Singles
HILTON HEAD, S.C. — The Washington College men's tennis team won all six singles matches en route to picking up it first win of the season today - a 7-2 non-conference victory over Concordia (Wis.) in Hilton Head, S.C.
Washington College 7, Concordia (Wis.) 2
- The Falcons took a 2-1 lead thanks to winning two doubles matches. Nolan Rademacher and Ceejay Schaffner beat Luke Weaver and Justin Panepinto, 8-4, at No. 1, while Peter Kloda and Cole Werning slipped past Koby Bonta and Andrew Smith, 9-8(3), at No. 3.
- The Shoremen won at No. 2 as Chris Salisbury and Kyle Hickey downed Gabe Binversie and Nathan Raskin, 8-2, at No. 2.
- Salisbury beat Rademacher, 6-1, 6-4, at No. 1, Weaver beat Schaffner, 6-0, 7-5, at No. 2, and Bonta bested Binversie, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 3.
- Hockey topped Raskin, 6-4, 6-3, at No. 4, August Meriot defeated Peter Kloda, 6-0, 6-4, at No. 5, and Panepinto downed Werning, 7-5, 6-1, at No. 6.
- The Shoremen improved to 1-4 with the win, while the Falcons dropped to 4-10 with the loss.
Up Next for the Shoremen
3/24 v. Muhlenberg - 1:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference match)
- The match versus Muhlenberg will be the Shoremen's Centennial Conference opener.