Bonta Wins in Singles and Doubles for Shoremen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Goucher College won two doubles matches and four singles matches to post a 6-3 non-conference men's tennis win over host Washington College today inside the Johnson Fitness Center.
Goucher 6, Washington College 3
- Jack Hodges and Tetsuya Ota defeated Justin Panepinto and Luke Weaver, 8-1, at No. 1 doubles for a 1-0 Goucher lead.
- Michael Herman and Frankie Mullinix added an 8-4 win over Chris Salisbury and Kyle Hickey, 8-4, at No. 2
- The Shoremen got on the board thanks to a 9-7 win by Koby Bonta and Andrew Smith over Elliot Diehl and Salde Dumas at No. 3.
- The Gophers won the first three singles matches to finish to clinch the match win. Ota beat Salisbury, 6-2, 6-3, at No. 1, Hodges beat Weaver, 6-2, 2-6, 6-4, at No. 2, and Mullinix downed Hickey, 2-6, 6-3, 6-3, at No. 4.
- The Shoremen picked up a 7-6, 5-7, 11-9, win by Bonta over Herman at No. 3 before Goucher added a 6-3, 6-2, win by Dumas against Panepinto at No. 5.
- August Meriot provided the Shoremen's final point by rallying for a 3-6, 6-4, 10-4, win at No. 6.
- The Gophers improved to 8-1 with the win, while the Shoremen fell to 0-3 with the loss.
Up Next for the Shoremen
3/15 v. Macalester (at Hilton Head, S.C.) - 3:45 p.m.