Hickey Wins at No. 4 Singles for Shoremen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Division I College of Charleston topped host Washington College 6-1, in a men's tennis match played inside the Johnson Fitness Center this evening.
College of Charleston 6, Washington College 1
- The Cougars won all three doubles matches to secure the doubles point. Alec Angradi and Youssef Dabbabi beat Chris Salisbury and Kyle Hickey, 6-1, at No. 2, while Juan Estevarena and Benedikt Henning topped Luke Weaver and Justin Panepinto by the same score at No. 1.
- At No. 3, Fernando Ramirez Lascurian and Easton Thomas were 6-4 winners against Koby Bonta and Andrew Smith.
- Ryan Kahn picked up Charleston's second point with a 6-1, 6-0, win over Weaver at No. 2. Angradi followed with a 6-2, 6-2, win against Bonta at No. 3 for a 3-0 Cougar lead.
- Hickey put the Shoremen on the board with a 6-4, 6-3, win over Dabbabi at No. 4, but Henning clinched the match victory for the Cougars when he completed a 6-4, 6-0, win against Salisbury at No. 1.
- A 6-0, 6-1, win for Thomas over Smith at No. 6 and a 6-3, 6-2, victory for Ramirez Lascurian over Panepinto at No. 5 provided the final margin.
- The Cougars evened their record at 5-5 with the win, while the Shoremen fell to 0-2 with the loss.
- The match was played under Division I rules. Those include the following: doubles matches consist of a single set to six, the team that wins the majority of the doubles matches is awarded one point, and no-ad scoring is used.
- Washington College head coach Oliver Reynolds previously served on the College of Charleston coaching staff under head coach Jay Bruner.
Up Next for the Shoremen
3/3 v. Goucher - 1:00 p.m.